April 14, 2006

Friday Random Eleven

Yeah, I know, in a couple of my previous posts I said "mine goes to eleven".

Not too original really, since there exist any number and style of top-ten lists pushed to eleven. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a "Trilogy" of five books. If you think about it, triplets are not only 3 individuals, but also 3 sets of twins. But enough dancing around the topic.

Yes of course my comment was an homage to Spinal Tap, what with this being a list of artists and songs. But yes I do also know that the proper quote is "These go to eleven". Syntax required that I change it a bit. Now, after rolling it through my brain for a while -(see how I spend my days?)- I've decided to screw syntax, and go with the phrase that is probably destined to become the most popular culturally referential bit of moviedom, at least from the 1980's.

None of the songs individually go beyond maximum volume. But they do go over the edge in respect to their "favoriteness". And the quote is right. See, I'm obviously here to play ball.

So.

"These go to eleven."

Sunday Drive - THE EARLY NOVEMBER
It Froze Me - THE MOUNTAIN GOATS
(Tumble) In The Wind (Version 1) - LUKE TEMPLE
No Lullabies - KILL CHEERLEADER
False Alarm track 2 - KT TUNSTALL
Birds & Sun & Clay - AUGUST BORN
Sno Cat - KRISTIN HERSH
Walk Of Shame - WINECHUGGERS
I Could Be Nothing - GREAT LAKES SWIMMERS
Seventeen - MEREDITH BRAGG AND THE TERMINALS
Blundering Blood - NEDELLE

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Don Sheffler said...

Hi Omni - same to you and yours. We had the usual huge egg hunt event at my parents' house, gathering place of the large extended family and grandlets. In one weekend we had the joys of the kids and participation in a holiday, contrasted with the memorial and funeral of a young co-worker and a reunion with many old friends. We also, oddly, received a very late package containing birthday and Christmas presents from last year. So it goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home