May 14, 2006

Friday Random Eleven - Sunday Night Version

Woops, Sunday night. It's been a long and withering weekend, what with all the relaxing and having coffee and reading the paper and playing with the kids, gardening, pulling weeds, cutting in some stepstones and transplanting, pumping up bike tires and applying sunscreen liberally, having lunch in the shade, seeing mom's craft fair and then doing Mother's Day stuff with the whole extended clan... Rough! Don't know how we do it!!

So, I'm kind of like Nightline and 48 Hours. You never know when my regularly scheduled programming will rear it's head. Tonight:

Heaven or Las Vegas - COCTEAU TWINS
It Takes All Kinds - 8889
Truckstop Cassettes - PORTATASTIC
St. Augustine - BAND OF HEROES
I Will - THE BEATLES
Spooky - 3Ds
Your Light Has Never Shone - MORNING RECORDINGS
Bush - PAGE FRANCE
Wake - THE TEETH
Barcelona - RUFUS WAINWRIGHT
Which One - DAVID KILGOUR

2 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Omni said...

What, no heavy metal? ;-)

Omni

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Don Sheffler said...

Hi Omni, glad to see you make it by. Heavy metal is in the very narrow band of music I didn't pay much attention to, back in the day. At UCSD, remember Limbo Slam? Flaming Hibachis? They were more my crowd - I helped manage them for a short while. But I had a show at the radion station for years so I heard everything, just ignored some of it. Working there allowed me to needle-drop into every song on the planet. These days these intarwebs allow people to sample cuts day and night, which is of course how all of society should occupy its time. :-) These lists however are compiled from whatever is rolling through my background while I'm working.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home