October 25, 2006

Scarecrow Tethered* Random Eleven

Magnetized - LAURA VEIRS
Adlai Stevenson - SUFJAN STEVENS
Bookends - ALFIE
Animations - THE KINGSBURY MANX
Spine - PAGE FRANCE
Virgin Annie - LYLAS
Paperback Bible - LAMBCHOP
The Funeral - BAND OF HORSES
Homemade Bombs In The Afternoon - A.C. NEWMAN
Ever Rotating Sky - DAVID THOMAS BROUGHTON
That Girl From Brownsville Texas - JIM WHITE

*Outside my window is a scarecrow we put up next to the front walkway for the Fall. Hanging nearby is a large set of wind chimes. I think it's tuned to Debussy's Clare de Lune but I only remember this from the packaging, not from my hearing.

One of my genius kids tied a blue ribbon from the scarecrow's wrist to the chimes' string just above the sail at the bottom, so now the set appears to be floating like a balloon tethered to our straw sentry.

With each little breeze, my mute yardmate tugs the clapper just to get my attention.

Brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home