August 28, 2006

Geography Teacher Displays Foreign Flags: Stampede Kills Eleven - or - What Are All These Other Shapes Doing On My Globe Of The U.S. ?!


There was no stampede and nobody died, but I got a kick out of my own headline(s). Isn't that what blogging is all about? Giggling like a mentally diminished 20-year-old who has just discovered toes? Exactly.

But seriously... and I mean seriously in a not-funny way: A Geography teacher got it into his head that displaying actual flags of actual foreign countries was still legal here in the United States of All That Matters.

Boy, did he get schooled.

In other news, math teachers in Colorado can no longer use Greek symbols in their equations.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I mean ... wow.

When I took US History in high school, our teacher hung a gigantic Nazi flag (twenty-or-so feet wide and of proportionate height) up on one of the walls for the entire length of our extended unit on World War II (about a month). He also had Soviet and Chinese flags on permanent display, along with several other nations' flags.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home